Drivers from the UK living in the EU have been urged to swap their licence for a local one as soon as possible in case there is a no-deal Brexit.

If they do not, they might have to pass a test in the country where they live.

The government also said those living in the UK who want to drive in the EU after 29 March might need an international driving permit (IDP).

It warned British licence holders living in the EU they should exchange their licence soon to avoid any delays.

The AA estimated as many as half a million ex-pats living in France and Spain would have to take a new test if they had not exchanged their licence, should there be no deal.

You are only allowed one EU driving licence at any one time, which is why people currently have to exchange their licence, rather having both one from the UK and one from another EU country.

You can apply for an international driving permit (IDP) at the pst office.



Recent Posts